Welcome to Maria Immacolata Catholic Church, a Catholic Community under the patronage of Mary, Mother of Jesus, celebrating with vibrant liturgy our calling to conversion and growth as we reach out to "act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with our God." (Micah 6:8)
We are a diverse, vibrant and faithful community in the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux and we warmly welcome you to our parish life and the celebration of Holy Eucharist.
246 Corporate Drive / Houma, LA 70360 / 985-876-3313
(NORMALLY: Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. / Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Saturday: 4:30 p.m. Vigil Mass
Sunday: 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., and 5:30 p.m. (Youth Mass)
DAILY MASS / COMMUNION SERVICE:
Monday: 12:10 p.m. Communion Service
Tuesday - Friday: 12:10 p.m. Mass
Reconciliation and Adoration
Saturday: 3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Sunday: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.; 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.; 5:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Or anytime by appointment
Wednesdays 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Clergy / Staff
- Rev. Joseph "Joey" Pilola, Pastor/Administrator
- Dcn. Chris Prestenback, Deacon
- Dcn. William "Bill" Dunckelman, Deacon
- Mrs. Cynthia Percle, Business Manager
- Mrs. Pam Zierolf, Administrative Assistant
- Mrs. Fern Tabor, Director of Religious Education
- Mr. Willie St.Pierre, Youth Ministry Coordinator
- Mr. Errol Bourgeois, Music Director
- Mr. Doyle Prince, Maintenance Technician
- Mrs. Katrina Doiron, Janitor
Donations to your Church Parish are still needed. Please consider giving online.
Maria Immacolata In-Church Masses Now Available
Due to social-distancing requirements, our Masses in the Church (Live) and Community Center (Live-Streamed) will have limited seating at each Mass. This event is setup to allow you to reserve a seat for you and/or your family.
Act of Spiritual Communion
Whenever you cannot go to Mass or receive the Eucharist, there is a prayer that allows you to make a Spiritual Communion. The Act of Spiritual Communion was written by St. Alphonsus de Liguori:
(You may make this Spiritual Communion anytime you need it and as often as you need it)
Videos / Mass Intentions
Live-Streamed Videos Made During COVID-19 Pandemic
Weekday Services are Live-Streamed at 12:10pm Monday - Friday
Sunday Masses are Live-Streamed at least once each weekend (primarily at 4:30pm on Saturdays)
(Note: You do not need to have a Facebook account to view these videos)
Bible Readings for the Week
Readings for the week of January 17, 2021
- Sunday: 1 Sm 3:3b-10, 19 / Ps 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10 [8a, 9a] / 1 Cor 6:13c-15a, 17-20 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/011721.cfm
- Jn 1: 35-42
- Monday: Heb 5:1-10 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / Mk 2:18-22
- Tuesday: Heb 6:10-20 / Ps 111:1-2, 4-5, 9 and 10c  / Mk 2:23-28
- Wednesday: Heb 7:1-3, 15-17 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / Mk 3:1-6
- Thursday: Heb 7:25—8:6 / Ps 40:7-8a, 8b-9, 10, 17 [8a and 9a] / Mk 3:7-12
- Friday: Heb 8:6-13 / Ps 85:8 and 10, 11-12, 13-14 [11a] / Mk 3:13-19
- Saturday: Heb 9:2-3, 11-14 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Mk 3:20-21
- Next Sunday: Jon 3:1-5, 10 / Ps 25:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [4a] / 1 Cor 7:29-31 / Mk 1:14-20
Safe Environment Training
UPDATE ON SAFE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING FOR ADULT VOLUNTEERS
The Safe Environment Certificates for Adult volunteers in the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux will expire on June 30, 2018. Volunteers who held certificates during the September 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018 dates can go to the website, http://safeandsacred-htdiocese.org, to renew their certificates beginning May 1, 2018. The new certificates will be valid through June 30, 2021. The Church office will also need a new Volunteer Ministry Application on file for every volunteer, even if a previous certification was obtained. The application can be picked up from the Church Office or downloaded from our website, http://www.micchouma.org/Safe-Environment. The training lesson, titled “Protecting Children in the 21st Century”, has been updated from previous years. Note that in-house training is no longer an option; everyone must take the online Safe Environment Training. All volunteers must complete the Volunteer Ministry Application form and return it to the Church Office or to the supervisor of the ministry for which you are volunteering.
If this is your first time volunteering in the Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux, after your references have been verified, you will be contacted by our office to go online and complete the online lesson. The site will ask you to complete a Criminal Background Check, sign a Code of Conduct, and complete the lesson and quizzes. You may go back to the site after a couple of days to print your certificate. The Church Office will have access to the certificates for our files. You must have a Safe Environment Certificate on file with the Church Office before you can work with any youth in any ministry in Maria Immacolata Church Parish.
La Bonne Terre Festival Photos 2019
La Bonne Terre Festival Photos 2018
Why Church Seasons?
The Sign of the Cross
MICS Catholic Schools Week focused on SERVICE:
Notre Dame Seminarians received treat bags and cards from MICS faculty and students
Baskets for the Homestead (Top) and Bayou Towers (Bottom) were made by MICS faculty
Annual Bishop's Appeal 2018
Plans of Hope - A Story of Hope
1. Click on the Online Giving link.
2. Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
3. Enter your payment information.